This bean spread is AMAZING! Seriously.. if ever in need for a quick spread on a slice of crispy bread, then this is your go to recipe. It kinda is similar to a hummus spread, but the cannellini beans make it creamy and are easier to mash, thus making it a quicker option. This spread has some Asian flavours with the sriracha (hot chili sauce), cilantro and tamari. It is great on a slice of bread, but also on a toast it could be a amazing party favourite. Last week I also put this in my sushi, which was also very good. Loads of options with this easy vegan spread. Next week I will be posting another variety of this spread, because it lends itself perfectly for different flavours! Any ideas? Comment down below!
- 1 can of cannellini beans, rinsed
- ⅛ cup of water
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ - 1 tsp Sriracha (hot chili sauce), add as much as you like
- 1 tsp Tamari soy sauce (could be subbed with regular soy sauce)
- 1 small handful of fresh cilantro
- 1 squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- Rinse the beans and put them on a plate or in a bowl and mash them with a fork
- Once they are mashed put in half of the water, adding more to reach the consistency that you like
- When the spread has reached the consistency of your liking add all of the other ingredients and mix it with the spread.
- Taste if the paste might need more spices.
Liked it? Follow to get the latest updates on new recipes!